TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.PERSONAL DATA CONTROLLER
2.CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
3.DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
4.FOR WHAT PURPOSES WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
5.UNDER WHAT LEGAL BASES WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
6.WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
7.HOW YOU CAN EXERCISE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
1. PERSONAL DATA CONTROLLER Naij.com Media Ltd. will be the controller of your personal data.
3. DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES In our data protection practices we strive, in particular, to provide that personal data is: processed in accordance with specific, legitimate and lawful purpose consented to by you; is adequate, accurate and without prejudice to the dignity of human person; stored only for the period within which it is reasonably needed; and secured against reasonably foreseeable hazards and breaches such as theft, cyberattack, viral attack, dissemination, manipulations of any kind, damage by rain, fire or exposure to other natural elements.
5. UNDER WHAT LEGAL BASES WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA We process your personal data, in particular, under the following legal bases: your consent; to perform our contract with you; for our (or others’) legitimate interests; Under this legal basis we, in particular: communicate with you regarding your use of our Service This includes, for example, sending you push notifications. The legitimate interest we rely on for this purpose is our interest to encourage you to use our Service more often. We also take into account the potential benefits to you. research and analyze your use of the Service Our legitimate interest for this purpose is our interest in improving our Service so that we understand users’ preferences and are able to provide you with a better experience (for example, to make the use of our mobile application easier and more enjoyable, or to introduce and test new features). send you marketing communications The legitimate interest we rely on for this processing is our interest to promote our Service in a measured and appropriate way. personalize our ads The legitimate interest we rely on for this processing is our interest to promote our Service in a reasonably targeted way. enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use and to prevent and combat fraud Our legitimate interests for this purpose are enforcing our legal rights, preventing and addressing fraud and unauthorised use of the Service, non-compliance with our Terms and Conditions of Use. to comply with legal obligations.
7. HOW YOU CAN EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS To be in control of your personal data, you have the following rights: Accessing / reviewing / updating / correcting your personal data. You may request a copy of, as well as updating and correcting your personal data collected during your use of the Service at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deleting your personal data. You can request erasure of your personal data by sending us an email at email@example.com. When you request deletion of your personal data, we will use reasonable efforts to honor your request. In some cases we may be legally required to keep some of the data for a certain time; in such event, we will fulfill your request after we have complied with our obligations. Objecting to or restricting the use of your personal data (including for direct marketing purposes). You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data or limit our use thereof by sending a request at firstname.lastname@example.org. The right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authority. We would love you to contact us directly, so we could address your concerns. Nevertheless, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority.
8. AGE LIMITATION We do not knowingly process personal data from persons under 16 years of age. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has provided us with personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.